Health & Fitness
The Auckland Indian Association Health and Fitness Group promotes wellbeing for the community. This is a well supported group but always welcomes new members at its activities.
Many events are held throughout each year and these may include:
- Workshops to educate the community on health issues of particular concern to Indian people including cardiovascular health and diabetes – and others
- Talks by medical professionals and researchers covering a wide range of health and fitness topics.
- Regular Fitness classes for both seniors and all ages groups. These are outlined below. For example: Bollypump, Yoga & Bollyrobixs
- Special event yoga sessions such as International Yoga Day.
- Combined events with other sub committees such as the Mahila Samaj Group
For more information or to join one of the classes or events please contact Health and Fitness Group Chairperson:
021 108 2198
Regular Class Timetable
|Saturdays 7.30am to 8.30am||Bollyrobixs|
|Cost:||Free for members, $2.00 for non members|
|Bollyerobics is a fun bollywood dance / aerobics to Indian music. Class level is medium to high intensity.|
|Mondays 7 to 8pm||Bollypump|
|Cost:||$2.00 members, $5.00 non members|
|Bollypump is a resistance training class, equipment is provided. Class level is medium to high intensity.|
|Open to all.|
|Details of walk confirmed and advised to all prior to the Tuesday. Walks are 2 hours and generally low intensity. If the terrain varies, appropriate preparations/fitness levels will be advised with details of the walk.|
|Thursday 7 TO 8 pm||Yoga|
|Cost||$5.00 per class|
|Simple to medium yoga poses and stretches. Low to medium intensity.|
Biggest Loser Challenge March to May 2018
Each participant to decide what they intend to achieve over a 3 months period. This can be weight loss, improved fitness or improved nutrition. We will support participants by tracking weight/waist measurements on a regular basis and also provide nutrition advice to help with dietary requirements.
The website will be updated for future events so watch the space.
To find out more contact:
Kamu Patel: Mobile 0211082198 email@example.com
or Ella Kumar on 09 6290660 or 0210477642 firstname.lastname@example.org